You might have observed that some people would suggest Yoga for nearly every problem. And apparently, it looks funny but in a way they are right.
Yoga is the greatest gift to humanity to live a better life. Regular practice of yoga can help you become better day by day and it unfolds infinite possibilities on various dimensions of life.
In this blog, let’s discuss, the benefits of regular yoga practice on Physical, Mental, and Spiritual dimensions.
Benefits of yoga on the Physical level
- Improves body flexibility
- Corrects body postures
- Strengthens muscles, ligaments, cartilage, joints, and bones
- Corrects and protects the spinal cord
- Helps to remove various physical limitations
- Regulates blood pressure
- Improves blood circulation in the body
- Improves and regulates the lymphatic system drainage, detoxifies the body by removing toxins from the body, and enhances immunity
- Improves and regulates digestive system functions, metabolism, peristalsis movement of bowels, and secretion of digestive juices
- Helps in the prevention of stomach and duodenal ulcers, IBS, and other digestive system-related problems like acidity
- Regulates the normal functioning of the liver, gallbladder, and pancreas prevents lifestyle-related diseases like diabetes, and gallbladder stones, and helps in the metabolism and synthesis of nutrients.
- Improves and regulates the functions of the lungs, and strengthens lungs that prevent respiratory system-related problems like shallow breathing, asthma, frequent cold cough, sinuses, etc.
- Regulates the hormonal system and stimulates the normal functioning and secretion of various hormones that prevent hormones related diseases like thyroid, PCOD, skin problems, overweight, mood swings, gynec problems, etc.
- Helps in losing weight in case of overweight and gaining weight in case of underweight
- Tones the nervous system and helps in the normal functioning of neurotransmitters and helps in problems like sciatica.
- Regulates the normal functioning of male and female hormones and aids in the normal functioning of the male and female genital system and its functions
- Regular practice of yoga helps in the regulation and normal functioning of entire body systems helps in remaining energetic and achieving Holistic health
Also read: 10 Myths About Yoga You Must Know
Benefits of Yoga on a Mental Level
- Helps in mental fatigue
- Helps in controlling and balancing the senses and various urges
- Improves concentration, EQ & IQ, memory power, willpower, confidence, determination, clarity, peace, calmness, and productivity
- Improves cognitive behaviour and helps in staying mindful
- Helps in reducing stress, anxiety, anger, fears, panic attack, attention problems, etc.
- Yoga helps in achieving emotion and mind mastery
Benefits of Yoga on a Spiritual Level
- Yoga induces introversion and helps to activate subtle energy that open ups various possibilities to enhance various dimensions of life
- Through yoga, one can achieve equanimity and superconsciousness or become one with the divine source
- The goal should be yoga is spiritual progress and awakening and realise the divinity within
Yoga offers multifold benefits at the physical, mental, and spiritual levels. Indeed! techniques of yoga practice differ to avail specific benefits and desired results.